In this third book in the series, Building Your Vocabulary Skills Years 5–6, subjects such as place names, geography, weather, occupations, useful verbs and adjectives are covered.
In the activities, children can practise a range of vocabulary skills, such as:
- matching words to definitions
- recognising synonyms and antonyms
- understanding idioms (non-literal sayings)
- expanding their knowledge of verbs, adjectives and other parts of speech
- recognising homophones (words that sound the same but are spelt differently)
As with all books in the Excel Basic Skills series, the Building Your Vocabulary Skills books are designed to help your child at home, which will in turn improve their confidence in reading, writing, spelling and comprehension exercises at school.