Science is an important subject in our school syllabus. It is also one of the most fascinating subjects students can learn about. Science explains how our world works - from the natural world of weather and environment, to the made world of transport and electricity.
Excel Basic Skills: Science and Technology Years 5-6 is a comprehensive guide through the Science syllabus, intended to help students revise and consolidate what they have learned at school. It aims to increase confidence in a range of scientific topics, using easy-to-understand text, diagrams, quizzes and practical exercises.
The important features of this book are:
- interesting topics: each unit covered in the book correspond with a unit in the syllabus. Each new concept is contained to one page, making it easy for students to complete one topic at a time
- quick questions and exercises: there is a set of quick questions or a quick exercise to complete on every page. This makes sure students are absorbing the information and thinking about each topic
- something to do: these are fun and informative practical activities for students to try at home - always under adult supervision. The activities use household items to demonstrate a scientific concept
- tests: two tests are included in the book, one halfway through the topics and one at the end. The tests can be used to assess the student's understanding of the concepts covered in the book
- lift-out answers: answers to all the activities and tests are provided in a convenient lift-out section in the middle of the book